quarta-feira, 16 de março de 2016

Giving your opinion


Hello folks! This is a new workshop on how to express your opinion. We’ll see lots of ways to start a sentence for speaking what you wish to say, conveying security and self-confidence. Beginner students are more prone to use one single way to express their opinion. They usually use “I Think”. So we can consider this structure as the most basic way to say something that you would like to make it clear it’s your own opinion. But, as you are developing in your studies you must add new structures to your repertoire. It shows you are knowledgeable enough to perform a conversation in English in any situation. It brings up the idea that you have something that must be listened and it’ll make your listener more interested in what you have to say. Let’s wok folks!

Giving your opinion – 1
The basic formula:
 I think...
I think you should study more.
I think you are not prepared yet.
I think everybody should vote in the opposition.
I think children shouldn’t go to jail
Complete the sentences:
1.       I think you should _____________________________________________________________________
2.       I think my car _________________________________________________________________________
3.       I think your wife ______________________________________________________________________
4.       I think you shouldn’t be ________________________________________________________________
5.       I think you need ______________________________________________________________________
6.       I think Madonna’s style ________________________________________________________________
7.       I think the president should _____________________________________________________________
8.       I think the women are __________________________________________________________________
9.       I think the Beatles shouldn’t _____________________________________________________________
10.   I think liberty is _______________________________________________________________________
Answer the questions:
1.       What do you think about the new teacher?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2.       What do you think about Brazil?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3.       My boss fired me, what do you think I should do?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4.       This is our new logo, what do you think?     
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5.       “I Think” as expressing doubt.
A-  Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice-cream?
B-  I don’t know. I think chocolate is better, but, vanilla is ok too.

You can use “I Think” to tell about something you don’t know. Like
A-Do you think it’s going to rain?
B- I think so/ I don’t think so.
But always based on evidences.
Take a look at the chorus from Kat Dahlia’s song “I think I’m in love”
She express doubt. She has lots of evidences that she is in love.

Regarding the following sentences: “My head, yeah you're in my head” she is trying to understand what is happening and despite her doubt, in her opinion based on the evidence she has and her previous experience, she is in love.

I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah you're in my head)
I think I'm in love again
(My head, yeah you're in my head)
I didn't think that it would be true
Let alone that it would be you
I think I'm in love again
(I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love)




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Postagens populares